Land Surveyors from Outside Canada
Registered outside of Canada?
Land Surveyors registered outside of Canada wishing to practice land surveying in Manitoba are required to complete the following steps:
- Obtain your Certificate of Completion (C of C) from the Canadian Board of Examiners for Professional Surveyors (CPEBS).
- Apply to the AMLS to become a Land Surveyor in Training.
- Complete the AMLS internship process and pass the professional examinations.
1. OBTAIN A CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION FROM THE CANADIAN BOARD OF EXAMINERS FOR PROFESSIONAL SURVEYORS (CBEPS)
As a foreign-trained land surveyor, you may have earned some or full credit toward your Certificate of Completion. There are 8 core subject areas for which credit is required. Contact CBEPS directly to find out the subject areas for which you may have credit.
2. APPLY TO BECOME A LAND SURVEYOR IN TRAINING OF THE AMLS
All persons applying for admission as a Land Surveyor in Training shall submit a written application to the AMLS Board of Examiners accompanied by:
- a Certificate of Completion from the CBEPS;
- a resume of the applicant’s academic education, relevant training and experience;
- the annual fee for a Land Surveyor in Training and any other fees associated with the application.
Applications are to be submitted to:
c/o The Association of Manitoba Land Surveyors
202-83 Garry Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4J9
3. AMLS INTERNSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL EXAMS
The internship and examination processes are outlined in Part 15 of By-law No. 1 (The Rules and Regulations of the Board of Examiners). Upon approval of their application, a Land Surveyor in Training must enter into a internship with a Manitoba Land Surveyor practicing in Manitoba. A learning plan setting out milestone goals must be submitted to the Board of Examiners.
Land Surveyors in Training must complete projects and pass the professional examinations administered by the Board of Examiners as set forth in Appendix 15-B of By-law No. 1 (Milestone Projects and Reports) and in the Appendix 15-A of By-law No. 1 (Course Outlines of the Milestone Examinations).
Examination fee: $100.00 + GST per exam (payable 3 months prior to examination date). Examinations are held twice annually.