From Outside Canada
Registered outside of Canada
Land Surveyors who are registered outside of Canada wishing to practice land surveying in Manitoba are required to complete the following steps:
- Obtain your Canadian Board of Examiners for Professional Surveyors (CPEBS) — Certificate of Completion (C of C).
- Apply to become a land surveyor in training of the AMLS.
- Complete AMLS Internship and Professional Exams.
1. OBTAIN YOUR CANADIAN BOARD OF EXAMINERS FOR PROFESSIONAL SURVEYORS (CBEPS) — CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION (C OF C)
As a technical school graduate, you may have earned some credit toward your CBEPS certificate of completion. Contact CBEPS (add link) directly to find out which examinations may be exempted and which examinations must be passed.
2. APPLY TO BECOME A LAND SURVEYOR IN TRAINING OF THE AMLS
All persons applying for admission as a land surveyor in training shall submit a written application to the board accompanied by: a summary of all academic education and training, together with an official transcript of marks in respect of any post-secondary school education;
- a certified copy of a diploma or degree in geomatics technology, geomatics engineering or equivalent;
- a resume of the applicant’s relevant training and experience;
- a Certificate of Completion from the CBEPS;
- the annual fee for a land surveyor in training and any other fees associated with the application.
The prescribed fees are:
Assessment fee: $200.00 + gst
Annual fee: $200.00 + gst
Applications are to be submitted to:
202-83 Garry Street
Winnipeg, MB R3C 4J9
3. AMLS INTERNSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL EXAMS
You must submit a learning plan, accomplish milestone goals and complete a term of internship as outlined in the rules and regulations of the board of examiners (M4.1.1) (AMLS).
Land surveyors in training must complete projects and pass the professional examinations as set out by the AMLS board of examiners in the Course Outlines of the Milestone Examinations (M4.1.2) and the Milestone Projects and Reports. (M4.1.3)
Exam fee: $100.00 + gst per exam (payable 1 month prior to examination date)